From social justice advocacy, to volunteering opportunities, to missions around the country, we strongly believe in the idea of helping others and consider it a foundation of our community.
This year’s Chesed (Kindness) Initiative will be centered around helping individuals fill their homes and lives with warmth, rebuilding and replacing what was lost, and reaching out to those who need us most.
November Chessed Opportunities
Small Things Matter is collecting new and gently loved toys and games for Afghan families they are serving. They are collecting toys for ages 0-18. Please drop off donations to Candace Nachman by Friday, November 26. Donations can be left in the bin on the front porch.
We will continue our community’s beautiful tradition of sponsoring a family’s Christmas presents through A Wider Circle! All items must be delivered to Jackie Burman by December 13th. Click here for the wish list of the family with whom we’ve been matched. We ask that all gifts are new, wrapped, and individually labeled with the recipient’s name.
Extending Our Wider Family
- Family Minyans at the Ring House
- Kids blanket making activity (Linus Project)
- Mishloach Manot to Ring House
- Refugee Seder
- Grandparents Day at Ring House
- Adopt-a-Family Holiday Presents
- Chanukah Program with Jewish Foundation for Group Homes
Improving Our Shared Home
- Tu B’Shvat Neighborhood clean up
- Good Deeds Day
- World Homelessness Day
- Thanksgiving Day Volunteering
Rebuilding the Home
- Houston Trip
- MLK Day Dollhouse Build
- JCADA 5k Team fundraiser
Filling the Home
- Women’s Clothing Swaps
- Nourish Now Food Prep
- Pre-Pesach Declutter Drive
- Volunteer at A Wider Circle
- Smart Sack School book drive